Taste of Home Live Debuts In Spring 2017
Nationwide Live Event Series Appeals to Millennials and Expands Multi-Generational Reach with On-Stage Audience Engagement and Real-Time Social Interaction
MILWAUKEE – (October 03, 2016) – Taste of Home, a Trusted Media Brands, Inc. (TMBI) company and the leading multi-platform producer of information on food, cooking and entertaining, today announced the launch of Taste of Home LIVE, an all-new series of pop-up cooking events around the country.
Taste of Home LIVE is an interactive, live show that is one part culinary class and two parts delicious entertainment. Taste of Home LIVE begins its nationwide tour in the spring of 2017 as a pilot program in 10 markets, including Atlanta, Chicago, Indianapolis, Minneapolis and Philadelphia. The program has plans to expand to 60 markets by the end of 2017 and to 100 markets the following year.
At each Taste of Home LIVE show, a Taste of Home chef will demonstrate hot tips, inspired kitchen hacks and step-by-step instructions for delicious dishes submitted by real home cooks from across the country. The recipes are tested in the Taste of Home Test Kitchen and always feature fun, familiar, everyday ingredients.
While Taste of Home LIVE continues to please its core fan base, it will expand its focus to attract and engage millennial moms. Each event will have a pre-show cocktail hour, onstage demonstrations with audience sampling, and post-show cocktails and desserts, featuring recipes from Taste of Home and the local community.
During the show, Taste of Home LIVE will offer opportunities for audience members to participate and interact with the host:
• Recipe Demonstrations. A Taste of Home chef will give live step-by-step instructions to create recipes that have been submitted by real home cooks from around the country and tested in the Taste of Home Test Kitchen.
• Entertaining and Tablescaping Tips. Attendees will be invited on stage to learn simple food styling and decorating tricks sure to impress family and friends.
• Audience Q&As. The show includes real-time, laid-back Q&A sessions with the chef.
• Plating Competition with Social Media Integration. Audience members will post to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for a chance to participate in an onstage competition using products from show sponsors.
• Chef’s Table. During the cocktail hour, guests will be encouraged to post photos from the event on social media using the hashtag #TOHLive. From the pool of tagged posts, a handful of lucky attendees will be chosen to sit at the chef’s table to experience the show up-close and sample each recipe that is prepared.
To create the Taste of Home LIVE experience throughout the U.S., Taste of Home LIVE has partnered with WME | IMG’s Fusion Marketing, an experiential marketing agency that brings brands to life through creative event activations. In this new agreement, Fusion will plan, execute and amplify each local market’s Taste of Home LIVE event.
About Taste of Home LIVE
Taste of Home LIVE, a Trusted Media Brands, Inc. brand, inspires passionate home cooks at live events across the country each year. For almost 70 years, Taste of Home has produced the largest and longest-running live cooking program in the world. Taste of Home LIVE shows are designed for busy food lovers and home cook heroes.
At each show, chefs demonstrate step-by-step instructions to create satisfying and flavorful dishes. The jam-packed program offers tips on easy-to-prepare recipes with step-by-step instructions to create dishes that feature familiar, everyday ingredients and the best recipes submitted by real home cooks. Taste of Home LIVE is more than a national tour, it’s a tour-de-force for celebrating communities and home cooks across the country.
Trusted Media Brands, Inc. comprises a network of engaged, active readers who genuinely connect with its blend of uplifting and enduring expertly-curated family, food, health, home improvement, finance and humor content digitally, via magazines and books, social media, and events and experiences. Founded in 1922 by DeWitt Wallace as Reader’s Digest Association, one of the first user-generated content publishers, Trusted Media Brands, Inc. is headquartered in New York City. For more information, visit TMBI.com.